Kannada Translation: Robert Frost's "The Pasture"

Here is an attempt to translate Robert Frost's 1915 poem "The Pasture" to Kannada:


The Pasture

I'm going out to clean the pasture spring;
I'll only stop to rake the leaves away
(And wait to watch the water clear, I may):
I shan't be gone long. -- You come too. 

I'm going out to fetch the little calf
That's standing by the mother. It's so young,
It totters when she licks it with her tongue.
I shan't be gone long. -- You come too. 

- Robert Frost


ಬಾ ನೀನೂ ನನ್ನೊಡನೆ

ಗೋಮಾಳ ಹಸನಾಗಿಸಲೆಂದು ಹೊರಟಿಹೆನು;
ಚೆಲ್ಲಿರುವ ತರಗುಗಳ ಗುಡಿಸೆತ್ತಿ ಮರಳುವೆನು
ತಿಳಿ ನೀರ ಚಿಲುಮೆ ಕಂಡರೆಕ್ಷಣವೆ ನಿಂತೇನು
ಹೊತ್ತು ಮಾಡದೆ ಬರುವೆ. - ಬಾ ನೀನೂ ನನ್ನೊಡನೆ.

ಪುಟ್ಟ ಕರುವನು ಮನೆಗೆ ಕರೆತರಲು ಹೊರಟಿಹೆನು;
ಹಸುಳೆಯದು, ತಾಯಿಗೊರಗಿಯೇ ನಿಂತಿಹುದು
ಮಮತೆ ವಾತ್ಸಲ್ಯದಿಂ ನೆಕ್ಕಲದು ನಲುಗುವುದು
ಹೊತ್ತು ಮಾಡದೆ ಬರುವೆ. - ಬಾ ನೀನೂ ನನ್ನೊಡನೆ.

- ವೆಂಕಟೇಶಪ್ರಸನ್ನ



Comments